From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 13:54:22 PDT
Dear Monika,

today I've receipt the shells. They are really very nice and Conus
pertusus is a real lovely shell. Thank you best.
with best shelling greetings
Helmut from Innsbruck.

Helmut Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone and fax: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
url: www.netwing.at/nisters/

or

Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
malacological collection
Feldstr. 11a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86-37

----------
Hello Helmut,

Finally I can send out a few pectens.  Unfortunately the second batch that I
hadn't cleaned yet didn't turn out to be very colorful, or very good, for that
matter.  So with all the requests I received after accidentally posting my reply
to Jim Miller to the whole list, not too many were there for each individual.  I
am able to send you five.  I hope you enjoy, even if there aren't many.  I have
also thrown in a Conus pertusus, on the smallish side, but it was the best I
had.  Unfortunately it has a break on the dorsal side, but the ventral side is
fine.

The data:
Argopecten irradians irradians
(Lamarck, 1819)
Fairhaven, Buzzards Bay, MA
Dead in "lantern nets" from scallop farm
June 20, 1999
Collector: Monika Forner
"Gened" for color

Conus pertusus
Hwass, 1792
Mactan Island, Cebu, Philippines
>From fisherman, in tangle nets
November 1998

Well, I had already put your private address on the parcel when I read your
message in more detail; now you'll just have to take the shells personally to
the museum.

With best regards to you and your mother,

Monika

Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]> on 08/02/99 06:26:29 PM

Please respond to Conchologists of America List <[log in to unmask]>