From:
John Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 09:23:11 -0400
I'm not an expert--have been looking for one myself for some years--but
here's what I have:

Liniaxis sertata (Hedley) comes from New Zealand, is illustrated in Powell
Plate 36 Fig 18. It reaches 22 mm .

Coralliophila fritschi reaches 34 mm, is from South Africa, and is
illustrated in a number of publicatons. Adult fritschi look nothing like
sertata, but juveniles could be confused with it. One distinguishing
feature (if mine are correctly identified) is that sertata has more axial
ribs.

At 04:42 PM 9/2/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi, experts;-
>        I have recently come into posession of two Latiaxis that I suspect of
>synonomy.
>        They are identified as L. sertata and L. fritschi. And I can't
find out
>anything about 'em. Who among us is the Latiaxis expert?
>        Art

John Wolff
2640 Breezewood Dr.
Lancaster, PA 17601, U.S.A.