From:
"Harry G. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 09:34:16 -0400
Dear Eduardo et al.,

I, like a lot of us here at Conch-L (Kurt, you too are wiping egg off, I
presume), simply found the concept of a deepwater Neritoidean, well,
preposterous.  We have been illuminated by Eduardo, who was perfectly
serious, and appropriately so!  No joking.

Harry

At 10:11 AM 9/6/99 -0300, you wrote:
>Dear all and specially Harry,
>
>Many excuses if there was a misunderstanding and if my reply, Harry, was not
>in your level of humor (that I did understand and appreciated). Your message
>was more than a humoresque message but also a sign to me reminding all the
>time you spent here in Brazil, sending me a message in my mother language,
>Portuguese. I'm still a man of humor and if there is someone ignorant here
>in Conch-L that one is me. My lack of knowledge is incredible and Conch-L is
>a great way to learn more and more.
>
>On the other hand, this reply comes from my work office and most of times I
>have more than 100 messages of Conch-L in an e-mail subdirectory to be read.
>When I reply, most times I don't have more than few minutes to do it, since
>I'm at work, and not necessarily it will come with the best of my humor.
>Unfortunately words not necessarily express in the best way what the guy in
>the other side wants to say, specially if English is not his mother
>language.
>
>Harry, accept my excuses if my message hit you someway but I didn't have any
>intention to do it. Just to send a fast reply.
>
>To all Conch-Lers who want more information about the Bathynerita, I have
>Clarke's article and I can send you a copy. Please send me a private e-mail.
>
>I'll use this message also to thank you Art for your reply regarding Oliva
>lignaria. I usually send my "thank you" messages privately to do not
>overflow our list, but this one I postponed, postponed, postponed ...
>
>You can bet that I will bring Conch-L much more questions and doubts (don't
>forget that Art is the Question Man and I'm the Doubt Man) than answers, but
>if there is a small chance that I can help someone with something, I'll do
>my best. You can count on me, even if my messages are not necessarily full
>of humor. ;-))
>
>All the best,
>
>Eduardo Moreira
>Brasilia, Brazil

Harry G. Lee
Suite 500
1801 Barrs St.
Jacksonville, Fl. 32204
USA   904-384-6419
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/wfrank/jacksonv.htm