From:
Paul Drez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:10:43 -0600
Everyone:

Connie will be dearly missed.  She was the main reason for my involvement
in the Houston Conchology Club (HCS) for almost 10 years.  In fact I am
still a member of the club even after having had my brain desiccated for
10+ years in the high desert!  She is the individual who got me interested
in modern Olividae in addition to my studies of the paleontological record.
 She introduced me to the NW Gulf of Mexico dredged material that is so
unique and the extensive molluscan library that the Museum has, which to
this day I think very few people outside of the HCS realize how extensive
the library holdings are at the museum!  I got many a xerox copy of
articles from there.  Connie had a passion for modern mollusca that is
surpassed by very few.

The one piece of joy in this tragic event is that like Bing Crosby, Connie
died doing what she loved best - shelling!!

Paul