From:
"Sylvia S. Edwards" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 20:10:30 -0500
Bob & Betty:  If you felt I was maligning your family in any way, I
apologize.  I have several good friends and a relative also in the
resort/restaurant businesses there, and have been going there since 1942,
including living in the area from 1982-1992.  I certainly didn't mean to
imply that all restaurants do it all the time.  But sometimes, you may get
what you pay for. I don't think my observation is going to bankrupt any
business.  I do know I can prove what I said.  It was not an idle general
statement.

I know the difference as far as grain with scallops.  But I don't eat them
(or anything else) at certain restaurants where I have been inside the
kitchen and observed some of their practices.

Since I feel the area is as much or more my home than Huntsville, Ala., I
was not criticizing the area in any way.  I visit with my uncle there
several times a year for extended visits and remain a member of the Gulf
Coast Shell Club, and read the New-Herald on-line daily.

Sylvia Edwards