From:
Bobbi Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 23:07:11 -0400
Hi ya all:

We are self-collected purists - except for some trading.  Never  bought
or sold a shell.

My favorite find was about a year ago.   While snorkelling in Eleuthera,
I found three fresh-dead Charonia variegata. Some fisherman (concher)
had dropped the plastic bag from his oat obviously.

I found the plastic bag and saw it had something in it.  Opened it to
find three beauties with animals working their way out...opercs in tact,
etc.   It didn't take much to clean them up.

I finned back to shore as fast as I could to show hubby.  I guess that
wasn't really self-collected since fishermen collected them first.

But Finders Keepers...losers weepers.

We could go on and on and on and on and on about stores if
self-collected shells.  They are the best.  Especially the trips and
some of the people on these trips.

Like trying to snorkel back to the boat with three helmuts and a Queen
conch all in my hands?   Pulling shells out of the arms of octopus, etc.

Bobbi

--
Jim and Bobbi Cordy
of Merritt Island, Florida.