From:
Amy Lyn Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 14:10:13 -0400
>From: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 23:44:37 EDT
>Subject: Re:       You are now subscribed to the CONCH-L list
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>Hi,
>We have just subscribed to Conch-L tonight, and since it is late, my
>"Introduction" will be brief.  I have been a member of the Greater Miami
>Shell Club for over 20 years,  and my children have fond memories of field
>trips, as well as collecting on the beaches of Sanibel.  Over the many years,
>I had so many responsibilities, that my "Shelling Hobby" remained just that,
>and to this day, I remain a rank amateur.  I recently remarried, and to my
>delight, my husband loved all my shells, couldn't wait for his first field
>trip, and of course, beginners luck brought him numerous goodies.  So now
>there are two rank amateurs in our family (kids all grown and moved away -
>with their shell collections).
>Last month my husband volunteered me as the new editor of the Mollusk, the
>official paper of the Greater Miami Shell Club.  He is a librarian, and has
>promised to be my Contributing Editor.  We are looking forward to our new
>joint venture.
>We look forward to getting lots of interesting new information about shells fr
>om Conch-L, and hope to reproduce some of them in the Mollusk, for other
>members to enjoy.
>Happy Shelling,
>Fran and Ed

Amy Edwards, Program Coordinator ------ [log in to unmask]

Georgia Museum of Natural History    --------    phone (706) 542-4137
University of Georgia            --------            FAX 706-542-3920
Athens, GA 30602-1882       --------       http://museum.nhm.uga.edu/
"A man's mind, stretched by new ideas, can never go back to its original
dimensions."             Oliver Wendell Holmes