From:
"C. E. Pinkerton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 20:50:47 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Fenzan <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, October 07, 1999 5:55 PM
Subject: Re: You are now subscribed to the CONCH-L list

>Kathleen,
>
>I can confirm what Sarah Watson said.  There is no local club in
>Southeastern Virginia.  Tom Shepherd tried to form one about 10 years ago
by
>hosting a meeting at his house in Virginia Beach.  It did not work.  I have
>sent letters twice to all COA members in Virginia, but never got a response
>indicating there was interest in forming a club.  Seems astonishing in view
>of the large numbers of Navy people in the area, the existence of the
>Virginia Marine Science Museum in Virginia Beach and Nauticus ( a maritime
>museum) located in downtown Norfolk.
>
>William J. Fenzan
>401 Sinclair St.
>Norfolk, VA  23505-4359
>USA
>
>wjf401(at)earthlink.net
>
>Phone: (757) 489-4736

Hey,Bill,,,you must have forgotten to put stamps on the invitations to get
another group together interested in a club here in the D.C. area...at least
on ours.  Having been a member of the National Capitol Shell Club for over
25 years and until its demise, and a C.O.A. member I guess  I ,or we ,would
have been included in that number petitioned...but I dont recall it.  At any
rate we have tried several times to perk up interest in the area but it just
isnt there.  We try to maintain an open house for any sheller who wants to
come out and chat and compare notes, eat a bite and just plain enjoy the
scenery  and have on a couple of occasions had little get-togethers but I
guess we really come under the category of Old Shellers...the interest seems
to have flown, or else the effort is too great.  At any rate...the
invitation still goes
so COME ON DOWN to Warrenton,Va. and lets talk shells.
Mique Pinkerton...7078 Westmoreland Drive, Warrenton,Va.20187