From:
NORA BRYAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:34:31 -0600
David
That is a good point about the cone shape radiating away.  I think the effect of
the water in the cone is still part of it though, as it is a buffer helping to
lessen the impact of rapid temperature change in either direction.  I may have
made this up in my head, but I really think I read it somewhere, I don't think I
can take credit!

Nora
Calgary, Alberta
(keep forgetting to add this!)