From:
Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 16:51:41 -0700
Dear Kobie;-
        I guess it's up to me to tell you about the Flying Pigs. This is a
species of Porcine (Porkus aeronauticus Weil, 1998) that spends its
summer in and around Cincinnati Ohio. It migrates to someplace in
Central America during the Winter feeding on Monarch Butterflies during
the flight. It returns to its aeries in Ohio in late March, one day
after the Buzzards return to Hinkley. An archaic law in Ohio forbids the
Cincinnati Reds (a baseball team of some note) from beginning their
season until the Flying Swine are safely ensconced in their breeding
nests. An act of Congress has (mistakenly) lumped these creatures with
mollusks. That is why their perigrinations may be found on Conch-L. I
disclaim any responsibility.
        Art Weil