From:
ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 20:20:58 -0000
Andrew Grebneff wrote" Any species will be extremely rare when first
discovered, no matter that there
may be millions of specimens down there.

I could imagine when gmelin or lamarck stood upon the beach and picked the
first ever seen coquina, aw the color , the shape, this must be rare , then
he looked down , enough said . I once sat down on Anna Maria island and
marveled at the color and diversity of the coquina. . aw the early days of
collecting when a simple shell was enough to make one notice. (La ferret
1999)