From:
ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 19:27:02 -0000
Well it used to be very productive digging in them cliffs (more like an
abutment as i think cliffs are over 6 ft high) one day we found three real
nice conus spurius (probably alanticus , had to tell as they were mumbling)
conus regius , half a lions paw (lyropectin nodosa? ) and a whole gaggle of
cabritti but none that were fully spined. The best story about John Lloyd
was a lady i saw with two live strombus  gigas, full adults , fully alive
and kicking , i asked her if she knew they were illegal to take , she turned
a nose up and walked to her car , right past the ranger . if it were me ,
like a commando , crawling on my belly, face painted and camouflaged the
rangers still would have got me . I'm very happy with our sole
representative that i collected in about 15ft on sand years back while out
on a friends boat . i originally thought it was a helmet but was very happy
to find a fresh dead gigas, aperture pink like bubble gum and a very knobby
spire that was not damaged or wormed . the lip is solid indicating a full
adult but has some scratches, how dare that animal not take better care if
it's self.
Well better end it here or I'll get the boot. mark "the ferret" bethke