Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 01:03:30 EST
Hi Charlie,

Mr. Lowden is listed in the First Edition of American Malacologists (and
subsequent editions I presume).  His biographical sketch reads as follows:
LOWDEN, Ronald D(ouglas), Jr., Born Dec. 8, 1928, Forrest Hills, Mass.
Research Architect; Composer; Amateur Conchologist.  Univ. Pennsylvania, B.
Arch., 1960.  Dir. archtl. research for Vincent G. Kling and Part., 1965-.
Composer of over 24 Mask and Wig Club musicals, Univ. Penna.  Memb.: Phila
Shell Club, Pres., 1967-1968.

Following the above is a substantial list of professional and other
memberships, etc., which I can send you if you are interested.

Note that the book I took this information from was published in 1973, so Mr.
Lowden's subsequent accomplishments are not included therein.

Regards,
Paul M.