From:
Richard Sedlak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 18:26:32 EST
Hi All,

To add my two cents worth, several years ago I had a friend who was going to
take a trip to Greece.  He was not a sheller, but did have enough knowledge
of the shells from Florida.  I asked if during his travels if he could pick
up some Mediterranean shells either from a beach area or from a local fish
market.  Well, when he came back he had discovered that forget going to any
beach to look for shells as they seemed to be none existent, and the
fishermen were no help either.  But lo' and behold, they had shell
shops....with plenty of Florida sea shells for sale!  They had no idea what
he was talking about when he inquired about local shells!!

I guess as a consolation prize he felt bad that he could not find anything
for me, so he brought back a two inch piece of marble from the Acropolis.
Extremely illegal of course, so I guess he really felt guilty!  It resides
with my authentic piece of the Berlin Wall (no, not those questionable things
they sold in the stores)....some other friends were there in person end
grabbed a piece.  But no, I do not know where Jimmy Hoffa is!

Happy Shelling,

Richard