From:
Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 10:33:13 -0400
Dear David;-
        I am VERY interested in the information you have on authors. What I am
doing is arranging known information in a new way. Within a family, I am
alphabetically listing authors. Within the author's listing, I am listing
their nominations by cronology and within that context, again alphabetically.
Then I am listing for each named species either its relative size and where it
might be found OR what it is a synonym or F/O or subspecies of.. I hope it
will prove useful. So far I have done Epitonnidae (in the Wentletrap Book),
Cypraea, and Volutes. I need as much information as I can get about the
authors in each.
    And I am thinking of going to Marginellidae next. (When I try the Cones,
have me mercifully put to sleep).
        Art