From:
Linda Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 10:42:01 -0600
Hi, LaVerne!

I'm glad Katrina came through unscathed.   Now I need your preayers.   Early this morning, Neptune, our neighbors cat was in the kitchen window crying.   We feed her some, because she always seems to be starving.   But when she came in, she (yes,
I know Neptune was a male, but do they...) was soaking wet.   It is raining and it will change to snow this afternoon.    So the poor cat didn't want to go back out after she ate;  finally I picked her up and she bit me.   Ed picked her up with gloves on, but she managed to break the skin on his hand too.

We called our neighbors when they were up, and Beth found out that Neptune is 30 days past her due date for her rabies shot.   Animal control called later, and the Malloys, our neighbors have to keep the cat in for ten days (Ha!  I like to see that happen) to make sure she doesn't develop rabies.    She did have her shot last year, and Beth says she bites them all the time.

Well, at least I fiunally leveled with Beth and told her how much we had had to give up so they could let the cat run  - i.e., no birds, squirrels, and no chipmunks in our yeard.    Gr-r-r-r!
We agreed to never feed the #q&^ruyd%$w^)(&  cat ever again.

I guess I shouldn't worry; except she - the cat - really wasn't herself this morning.   I hope it was because she just didn't want to go beck out.

Well, I think I'll go play with my shells; I NEED SOME SORT OF THERAPY!

Church again this afternoon,
Linda