From:
Sylvia S Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 19:28:35 -0600
The most beautiful private self-collected grouping I have ever seen was
by a couple who lived in the Philippines for a few years.  They shelled
only at night and described to me a square box with wooden sides and a
plexiglass bottom. They sat the Coleman lantern in the box and pushed it
along in front of them.  They used pine oil almost exclusively to clean
their shells.  It was very obviously quite successful.  After they
returned to the States they regretfully sold their collection to a
private collector because they had need of the money.  The purchaser is
now deceased and I have often wondered what happened to the collection.

Sylvia in Alabama

<snip>