From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 12:48:14 -0700
Bobbi,

I live in Rio Rancho which is adjacent to Albuquerque.  I was born
and grew up here (Albuquerque - as there was NO Rio Rancho back then) but
did 25 years in the Air Force at many locales - but never White Sands.
Las Cruces is a bit warm for me but it sure beats Clovis, NM.  How come
you guys lived in Cruces instead of Alamagordo?  Isn't that a bit of a
drive every day?

We were in Florida (Tyndall AFB) for a wonderful three month training
period in 1970.  I only wish I knew then what I know now about shells.
We gathered a lot of shells but they were all beach and have really only
been suitable to give to little kids when they get worked up over sea
shells.  In fact I just received a Strombus alatus w/o in a trade.  I had
several S. alatus but they were all in pretty bad shape.  After saying
all of that it is still always a thrill to see a nice beached shell.  As
divers, you guys see the best, but for a native New Mexican, any shell is
something!

Have a great convention,

Tom Eichhorst