From:
makuabob <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 19:46:32 -0500
Cowry enthusiasts will be pleased (I hope!) that another year's
worth of articles has been added to THE CAPTURED COWRY's archive
section -- now covering the New Series Numbers of THE HAWAIIAN
SHELL NEWS from 1 through 62 (January, 1960 through March, 1965).

There is LOTS of material -- 4 megabytes of .GIF images and 2/3
megabyte of HTML files. I am upgrading the index file right now and
will post it tonight or tomorrow.

Of course, I'm partial to cowries (and allied genera), but there is
plenty of incidental info about cones plus some other groups. You
have to browse through it to realize how much info was being published
through the HAWAIIAN SHELL NEWS at that time. Lots of big names.
Just look down the index.

Check it out! The link is on the MAIN MENU frame of the front page
at THE CAPTURED COWRY  http://www.oaktree.net/makuabob/

My 5 Mbyte (free) allotment on that server is just about full. I've
got three more on another (free) server and  my oaktree.net site is
full. If there are any non-commercial sites out there where the
archives of cowry articles could be loaded for general browsing,
please let me know. I have more than two decades more to put up
and very little room for them.

Meanwhile, have a look, on me, at how the shelling world was revving
up more than a third of a century ago.

Aloha,

makuabob (a.k.a. Bob Dayle)