From:
"Monfils, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2006 11:06:01 -0400
Well, some terrestrial snails in areas where the soil is calcium deficient
live on or in the vicinity of limestone outcrops which serve as the source
of calcium for their shells. Seems like bones would be another ready source
of calcium in areas where calcium is not abundant, and a snail's radula
would certainly be able to scrape off some material from such a source.

Paul M.