From:
Charles Wilder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2008 23:21:56 -0500
My vision is "far sighted,} and the add-on inserts available for masks do
not come close to helping.  Seeing well on dives, at a distance, was no
problem, especially due to the magnification effect of water, but I could
not see through my camera lens, or even see the controls well enough.  I
have a srtong bifocal prescription.  Determined to improve the quality of
my dives, I tried for half a year to get help from various dive equipment
companies.  I even bought one mask here in Seoul, one of the major
manufacturers, because the shop owner assured me of great success with the
lens maker whom he uses.  It was completely wrong, stock lenses for some
degree of myopia, not even far-sightedness.  Only one source was willing
to make the extra effort, with a Sea Vision mask system - Leisure Pro Dive
Emporium.  Larry stuck with me and got it done, expeditiously and at a
very reasonable price, cheaper than my own, everyday prescription lenses.
the mask fits fine, and the correction is terrific.