From:
Guido Poppe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2008 14:27:06 +0800
Dear Vicky,

I agree that this is hypocritical, but not more than western countries
are doing. Despite the cyanide (which should truly be forbidden) and
the dynamiting, the Philippines has still a much less polluted
condition than most countries in the west. They still have no New
York, Antwerp or Rotterdam where the sea water is true poison. The
Philippine seas are still pristine in most areas and a delight to
watch wildlife. The cyanide and blasting the reefs are dwarfed out by
trawlings and fisheries of the much more organized professional
western countries who do the destruction "grand scale", so speaking
about hypocritical...

Mabuhay from Mactan island, the Philippines.

Phone #: +63 32 495 9990
Fax #: +63 32 495 9991

Websites: www.conchology.be
                  www.poppe-stamps.com