From:
Scott Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 2009 22:33:53 -0700
Beginning in the mid nineteen century, the following natural history dealers
operated in the United States.  Their inventory included specimen shells:

Ward's Natural History Establishment, Frank Blake Webster's Naturalists'
Supply Depot, Southwick & Jencks' Natural History Store, and Frank H. Lattin
& Co.

The earliest Ward's catalogue I have is from around 1920.

I have in my collection a printed price list of Mollusca from the dealer
W.D. Averell of Philadelphia. No date is given but I estimate it was
published around 1910.

Scott