From:
Vicky Wall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 2009 10:28:33 -0400
I agree too!....a section on the website with vintage pictures and historical information would be great for both experienced and beginner shell collectors. Cecelia Abbott gave a slide show a few years ago at the Philly Shell Show with old photos of Tucker and the other giants of conchology from their early years on to present time. It was so interesting to see the pictures of people I had only known through names and as authors of my shell books.
Vicky Wall

I think this would be great, Marcus!
At one of the COA conventions someone (Bob Lipe?) presented a program on
malacologists who were active in the era of the beginning of COA--most,
if not all are now deceased.  It would be interesting to have photos
like this as well.  I think this was at the St. Pete Beach COA.
Karlynn
NC - USA