Date:
Sun, 12 Jul 2009 05:42:42 +0200
Dear friends,
I have just received the sad news, courtesy of Walter Cernohorsky, that our mutual friend and malacological colleague Dr. Hans Turner from Switzerland has died in a year long battle with cancer. Hans specialized in the nomenclature of the family Costellariidae and published several paper on the subject, mainly in the journal "Archiv fuer Molluskenkunde". One of his important papers "New species of Costellariidae from the Indian and Pacific Oceans" was published in June 2008 in the Arch. Moll. 137(1):105-125. He was also researching the nomenclature of Costellariidae from the Island of Mayotte, Comoros Archipelago.  Unfortunately his untimely passing will leave many nomenclatorial costellariid projects unfinished.
Hans will be greatly missed by his malacological colleagues and friends. To his wife Ilse, son Andreas and family, we express our deepest sympathy. May his soul rest in peace.

Lubosh R. Kolouch
Hradec Kralove
Czech Republic - European Union
http://lrk.host.sk