From:
Lindsey Groves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 2010 12:15:28 -0800
Forwarded by L.T. Groves for E.V. Coan:

Bay Area Malacologists Meeting
Saturday, March 20, 2010
California Academy of Sciences
10 AM - 3 PM

After a three-year break, there will be a meeting of the Bay Area
Malacologists in 2010.  It will take place on Saturday, March 20, 2010,
at the newly refurbished California Academy of Sciences.  The meeting
will be in the L2 West Conference Room from 10 AM to 3 PM.

It is recommended that if you live in San Francisco you take public
transportation to the Academy.  Those driving can park in the Academy's
underground garage for $3.25/hour.  There is free street parking, but
you need to move your car after four hours, and while it may be easy to
find a parking spot in the morning, it becomes increasingly difficult
later in the day.

Coffee and pastries will be available at 9:30 AM.  There will be a lunch
break from 12 to 1.  To avoid long walks or waits, you can bring a lunch
to eat in the Academy.  The Academy has some lunch facilities, which
tend to accumulate goodly lines mid-day.  The alternative is a
three-block walk to nearby restaurants.

When you arrive, go to the back door on Middle Drive and ask for Terry
Gosliner.

Terry Gosliner will lead off the day by discussing the features of the
new Academy.  At 11 AM, he will lead a tour of the Invertebrate Zoology
& Geology Department.

Everyone will be expected to say at least a few words about their
current activities.  There will then be several 15-min. presentations,
including time for questions.  If you would like to make one of these,
send your proposal to [log in to unmask]  We would also be open to
suggestions for a general discussion topic for part of the afternoon.
In any event, please let me know if you plan to attend so we can gauge
numbers.

Please let us know if you plan to attend so that we can plan
accordingly.