From:
Vicky Wall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 2010 20:52:48 -0500
When my family visited the DR, we stayed at Punta Cana. There was a dive shop right down the beach from our hotel so we used them for our scuba trips (Scuba Caribe).  We took a bus ride to Catalina Island and had a good time diving. We were with another family, not shellers, so I didn't have as much time as I would have liked, but the shells we did find were nice. Just had to be discrete as a couple of the dive masters frowned upon shell collecting. The other two we met were fine with it. Some of the shells we found included Cypraea cervinetta, flame helmets, and my son found a beautiful live alphabet cone. On our last day on the beach, a local man walked by with a bag full of tritons....we didn't find any of those unfortunately!  I hope you have a great trip.
Vicky Wall
Cold and snowy in NC