From:
Linda Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2010 11:26:44 -0400
Hi, Everyone!

Might the difference in color of the two valves simply be that the valve
that the animal usually rests on receives less light, and that light
plays a role in the formation of color?  Simnple, but perhaps true?

Cheers,
Linda Bush

P.S.  Yes, I am still alive, even though I haven't posted for a long
time.  It  has been a difficult year.  After retiring from my
employment, I have had health problems.  However, I am looking forward
to the next one - cataract surgery, because then I might be able to see
everything better, particularly my shells and my origami.