From:
John Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2010 19:55:33 -0400
For those who knew him.

John

John & Cheryl Jacobs
Seffner, FL
----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Dayle
To: [log in to unmask] ; List Ceph
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010 9:45 AM
Subject: [MOLLUSCA] Sad news and list of periodicals

Hello, all:

I am the wife of Robert C. “Bob” Dayle also known as “makuabob.” He was the
creator of Cowrys.org and a member of your list for a long time. Sadly I
report that Bob died suddenly on 26 July 2010 so his work with cowries has
come to an end. His obituary can be viewed online at http://bit.ly/biCZf8.

He had collected a great many shell periodicals and I hate to put them in a
recycling bin without asking this group if anyone would like to have them. I
know the paper copies are not so important now. Bob himself made The
Hawaiian Shell News available online, but if you would like paper copies,
please e-mail me.

Also National Geographic July ‘49 with a shell article,  Argonauta for Apr.
86, Calypso Log Apr. and June 91,  a bound study called Multiform Australian
Volutes,  some issues of Tide-ings, some Shells and Sea Life issues from the
80’s, American Conchologist - several 70’s - 90’s, The Tabulata from the 70’s,
a few 70’s British Sub-Aqua Club First USA Branch, a few The Cowry from the
60’s, some Of Sea and Shore (70’s), a tattered copy of The Living Cowries by
Burgess (1970).

In the future my son and I will also be deciding what to do with Bob’s
collection of Hawaiian shells. Bob would have wanted them to go where they
would be the subject of further study.  If you have any ideas you can e-mail
me (below).

Thank you for reading this. My e-mail is [log in to unmask]

Alice Hartman