From:
Paul Mikkelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2010 00:24:46 -0400
With great sadness, I've learned that Cecelia White Abbott passed away
about 3 am, October 28, 2010.

I first came to know Cecelia when I moved to Melbourne, Florida (USA) in
January 1975 to obtain a Master's Degree.  I met Cecelia and her
husband, R. Tucker Abbott, as they lived in Melbourne and attended
meetings of the Astronaut Trail Shell Club where we first crossed
paths.   I have kept fairly close to Cecelia all these years, and was
entrusted during the last couple years to generate high-resolution
digital scans of the photographic slides of her life with Tucker.  This
project, sadly, wasn't completed.

Independently, Cecelia and I both crossed paths with Cathie Katz, an
artist and sea-bean / drift seed enthusiast, who started
www.seabean.com   ...a website that I eventually managed for Cathie
prior to her passing in 2001 and continue to maintain today.  Although
Cecelia's greatest passion was surely for molluscs and their shells,
Cecelia was very close to Cathie and both loved the sea-beans, their
diversity and distribution patterns.  Cecelia touched many people's
lives through both of these interests.

Although many people surely knew Cecelia better, I have known her for
about 35 years.  I, along with many others, will surely miss her.

Cheryl Wahl, Cecelia's daughter, has asked to let others know that they
are planning some type of memorial on Sunday October 31, in Satellite
Beach, Florida, possibly at the beach Community Center just north of the
DeSoto Parkway/A1A. intersection.  It overlooks the beach.

Sympathy cards can be sent to/through her daughter at:
     Cheryl Wahl
     1540 Lakewood Drive NE
     Palm Bay, FL  32905

Sadly,