From:
Amy Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2011 13:48:41 -0500
I am forwarding this email on to the list for Liz.
Amy

Hi everyone,

My apologies for the late announcement – apparently my listserv settings were incorrect so my emails were not going through.  Many thanks to Amy Edwards for helping me work through it.

Best wishes & see you soon,
Liz

Please mark your calendars – hope you can join us!

First Announcement
2011 MID-ATLANTIC MALACOLOGISTS (MAM) meeting

The thirteenth meeting of the Mid-Atlantic Malacologists (MAM) will occur Saturday 19 March 2011 at the Delaware Museum of Natural History (DMNH) in Wilmington, Delaware. This one-day gathering is designed to facilitate contact among professional, amateur, and student malacologists who are interested in any aspect of molluscan biology. There are no dues, officers, abstracts, or publications. Meeting and parking are free of charge. Participants are encouraged to present and discuss data, compare notes on methods and problems, and catch up with colleagues and friends. Presentations (15 minutes max.) are very informal and cover topics as diverse as current research, trip reports, and collection issues.

The DMNH mollusk collection and library are available for use by participants before or during the meeting. Interested people should make arrangements with Leslie Skibinski, Mollusk Collection Manager ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) so specimens or books can be pulled in advance.

Schedule:

0900     Museum opens & light refreshments are served.
1000     Morning presentations
1200     Break for lunch. Brown bag, or local restaurant. The restaurant at Winterthur will be open for business (thank goodness!).
1300     Afternoon presentations
1600     Concluding remarks & end of session.

An array of AV equipment is available (projector & laptop for PowerPoint, 35 mm slide projector & an overhead projector). There is also some wall space for posters and table space for reprints and announcements.

For additional information or to say you will attend and/or give a talk, please contact Liz Shea at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Additional information and directions to the museum can be found at www.delmnh.org.  If you need hotel accommodations, please email – in the past we have been able to secure a room or two at Winterthur’s visiting scholars residence.

Finally, please feel free to pass this notice along to anyone you may think is interested – the more the merrier. We have 52 seats in our auditorium – I would love to see it full!

Best wishes,
Liz

Elizabeth K. Shea, Ph.D.
Curator of Mollusks