From:
Thomas Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2011 21:21:13 -0700
I hesitated to step into the midst of all of this high tech stuff, but I
have found that when photographing micros you can use Scotch Tape to
advantage.  Lay a strip down sticky side up and tape the two ends to secure
it.  Then position the shell as you like on the tape.  A shell up to 10mm
will easily be held in any position desired.  Of course the background will
have to be removed, but I do that will all of the photos anyway.

Tom Eichhorst in chilly New Mexico where we had almost an entire week with
temperatures never getting above freezing and half the sate was without
natural gas - got a mite cold.