From:
john k tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:24:32 -0500
I agree with Lindsey.  No primary type should be kept in a private
collection.  If you are unwilling to part with the specimen do not
designate it as a paratype.  Most of the specimens said to be paratypes
in private collections cannot be identified with certainty as actually
being one.  I tried to check to see if this hinuhinu specimen is listed
in the paratypes designated in the paper.  I could not confirm that.  A
certificate of authenticity is for collectors' plates not shells.

John