From:
Bert Bartleson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2011 14:28:05 -0800
Hi Andrew, I believe all of the slugs including ones with spots are the native “Pacific Bananaslugs” Ariolimax columbianus (Gould in Birney, 1851).  The slug labeled “Nacktschneck 2”  is a different introduced species Arion rufus (Linnaeus, 1758), the Chocolate Arion, which comes in dark brown as well as orange color forms.  The snail photo is Helix aspersa now more commonly named Cornu aspersum(Müller, 1774).  There are still competing claims as to which name is correct.  I use the latter.  Nice photos!  Bert Bartleson, Olympia WA. President, Pacific Northwest Shell Club