From:
David Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2012 12:25:52 -0400
Viviparids will be much larger than hydrobiids in maximum size.  The
specimen has enough whorls to be reasonably mature.  I see that size
information is listed as not available, but hopefully they at least
know whether that photo was taken at high magnification or not.

I don't offhand know of any tall-spired viviparids in southern Mexico.
 It could also be a land snail that fell into the cenote.

--
Dr. David Campbell
Collections Assistant