From:
Dale Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2012 14:11:00 -0400
I tried using ants in the Bahamas to clean a couple of Patulas. I lost the large one to crabs over night.  Others who tried had dogs or cats chew them, so be sure you put some kind of protection around the shells to allow only the ants to get to them.

---- Martin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

We used an anthill on Kwajalein.  Not many around as they were hunted by
grounds keeping.
They worked nicely - being small they could take a trip around and
around inside.

Covered  disk near a hill and away they go.

Martin