From:
Marlo Krisberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2012 18:10:05 -0400
Paul,

You've received a lot of good advice with a lot of application beyond just
the 100 meter SCUBA depths you plan to experiment at.  In my limited
experience and feedback from others, if you're after live shells, the secret
is to visit the trap quite soon after placement.  As Harry indicated, if
they are in the area, they'll be on the baits within an hour or two, esp.
since you know there are shells in the area.  Do put an elevated screen dome
over the baits so fish don't gobble up the smaller shells.  If you do
multiple dives in a session, put the baits out first and then return to
inspect at end of the diving day.

And, absolutely report on your results.  I've added this string to the link
I posted previously, and I'll add photos if you want to share them (of your
trap and catch).

  http://z14.invisionfree.com/Conchologist_Forum/index.php?showtopic=75