From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2013 11:44:26 -0400
My own particular solution to this issue is to simplify: Nowadays, I leave out the date and only use the month and year. Therefore, "2/13" means February 2013, e.g. I don't see how the exact day of the month makes much difference to collecting data...unless there is some large catastrophe for that locality which could be notated in long-hand with the date.

David Kirsh
Durham, NC