From:
Tom Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2013 12:37:31 +0700
Moquin-Tandon, Christian Horace Bénédict Alfred [M.D.] (1804-1863;
France) ● Known as Alfred; also known as botanist. Histoire naturelle
des mollusques terrestres et fluviatiles de France, Vol. 1 (1855)
[2400YM] French medical Dr. and marine biologist (mainly
malacologist), who also used the pseudonym Alfred Frédol. He was Prof.
of Zoology in Marseille between 1829-33, then Prof. of Botany in
Toulouse until 1850, when he studied the flora of Corsica, but moved
in 1853 to Paris, where he i.a. became Director of Jardin des Plantes.
[BEMON] - Biological Entomology of Marine Organism Names