Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2014 17:31:23 -0300
John.
I, too, used Recent until recently ;) I now switched to use Extant,
since Holocene still may include extinct taxa. On the other hand, a
living (morpho)species may be around already for Millions of years, so
Holocene wouldn't do. It really depends on what you want to say. In my
case I wanted to say 'still living' but some species may have become
extinct recently. So, they were Recent but not Extant.
Cheers,
Sven