From:
Jim Brunner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2014 21:06:47 -0500
I’m picking up late on this thread.  I also use FilemakerPro.  You might solve your problem merely by adding some additional fields to your data base layout.  In additional to the normal ones I include province (region), locality (country name if small, section of the country if large, in US I go by state), subspecies, synonyms, and common names among others.  A bit of a hassle putting it all in but when it’s there sorting by any factor becomes quite simple.

Jim Brunner