From:
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 20:53:38 -0700
All worried about Happy99.exe.  I just received it in an e-mail
(remember, the sender doesn't even know this is happening).  I
downloaded the program and ran it.  It is a small window with fireworks
going off that says Happy 1999.  THEN, I remembered the warning so I ran
my antivirus program (McCaffee).  It told me all was well.  Then I sent
an e-mail to myself and there was another e-mail also sent to me with
Happy99.  I then completely deleted the program and all now seems well.
I sent another e-mail to myself and nothing extra appeared.  So if you
get this thing, just delete it without downloading or attempting to
execute it.  If you have already downloaded it, delete it and that seems
to solve the problem.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA

Oh, and how does this relate to shells?  The guy who sent me the Happy99
worm (not really a virus) was talking to me about selling his shell
collection.