From:
Kurt Auffenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:15:27 -0500
James,
Since no one else has taken a stab at your inquiry (unless I missed it
during my hurried trip through the email this AM), I'll stick my neck out.
I believe you have Lamellaxis micra (Orbigny, 18(?)).  Some people put it
in Allopeas, like gracilis (Hutton, 1834) discussed a week or so and also a
member of the family Subulinidae.  It is introduced, common throughout
Florida in residential settings.  Don't know from whence it came.  They are
usually whitish in color, but can have a brownish cast to them sometimes.

The "cut-off" apex is problematic.  This could make it a Truncatella.  I
don't think so though, particularly at 3mm.  These creatures don't
decollate until much later in life.  Same with Rumina decollata.  If you
still have it look at it again.  Maybe it's really a blunt apex, not shed.

Kurt