STUDYAWAYNEWS Archives

Students & Study Abroad

STUDYAWAYNEWS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Lindy Black <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lindy Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:23:50 -0400
********************
Preparation Reminders

Credit Approval Form
If you are going on a non-UGA study abroad program or a UGA exchange
program this summer or fall, you will need to complete a Credit
Approval Form.  You must return this completed form to our office at
least 3 weeks before you depart on your program.  You can download
the form from our Web site http://www.uga.edu/oie/satrancred.htm or
pick it up from our office in 209 Barrow Hall.  Instructions for
completion are both on the form and on-line.

**Students who are attending a summer study abroad program AND
taking summer or Maymester classes at UGA – please read the
following entry!**

Registering for Summer Classes
Please register for your summer classes, including Maymester
classes, before you submit your summer study abroad Credit Approval
Form to our office.  If you have already submitted your form and
need to register for summer classes, please contact our office by e-
mail [log in to unmask] or phone 706.542.7903, to get the flag
temporarily removed from your student record.  You must also contact
our office once you’ve made the appropriate changes to your record
so the flag can be reinstated.  You will NOT receive HOPE or
financial aid for your study abroad program if your student record
is not flagged.  It is YOUR responsibility to contact our office to
have the flag reinstated.  If you chose to send an e-mail to our
office, please include your name, social security number, and phone
number or e-mail address.

********************
Study Abroad Stories
The “From a Backpack” series is now accepting story submissions for
titles to be published in early 2005.  Compensation is $100 for each
story selected.  Submission deadline is June 30, 2004.  For more
information, please visit
<http://www.europebackpack.com/submitastory.htm>.

********************
Exchange Program of the Week

Helsinki Exchange
The University of Helsinki is situated on the south coast of
Finland.  Helsinki is an important city in the Baltic Region and has
become the cultural and intellectual center of Finland.  The
University of Helsinki is a leading cultural institution in Finland
and offers a variety of courses.  The university community is
comprised of over 40,000 students, teachers, and other staff.  UGA
students on the Helsinki Exchange stay in either a student dormitory
or student residence hall.  A public transportation system connects
the university to the student housing.  More information about the
Helsinki Exchange can be found on our Web site
<http://www.uga.edu/oie/safinland.htm> or in the Study Abroad
Library in 203F Barrow Hall.