DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
vasiraju murthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:45:10 +0530
Dear All:
For the question raised by Dharam the information provided by Professor
Hoogenboom is clear.Thanks for the same.Here i would like to give some
formulae how i calculate means of daily,monthly and annual temperature for
my research works in Hyderabad, India are:
1.Mean temperature of a day=Readings at 7am +2pm+9am+9pm/ 4.
2.Average temperature of a day=Maximum temp+Minimumtemp/2.
3.Mean monthly temperature=sum of daily means of the month for all days/days
of a month.
4.Mean annual Temperature=Sum of 12 monthly means/12.
(I take the readings from the thermometers located in Stevenson screen and
they are liquid in glass type).
Dr.Murthy,Associate Professor(Agronomy)ANGRAU, Hyderabad,India,500030.