From:
"Orstan, Aydin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:44:56 -0500
That sounds very nice. However, most European publications will remain
inaccessible to those of us who live in the U.S. until the publishers start
accepting credit cards (or checks from U.S. banks) for membership or
subscription fees. Otherwise, transferring money from banks or using
international money orders is too costly & time-consuming. I have
considered subscribing to the Basteria & the Journal of Conchology, but
given up, because neither accepts credit cards.

Aydin

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 19:58:56 +0100, Gijs C. Kronenberg
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Dear Conchlers,
>
>It is with great pleasure that I can announce the birth of Vita
Malacologica, a new magazine on shells.
>Vita Malacologica is published as a supplement to Basteria, the scientific
journal of the Dutch Malacological Society (NMV), and will look very much
like the well known magazine Vita Marina, which seized publication some
time ago.
>For those who are familiar with Vita Marina, the differences are:
>
>+ it is now published in only one language (English)
>+ it will appear only once a year
>+ it is no longer devoted to marine mollusks alone
>+ articles will be published around a central "theme" (like Stromboidea in
Vol. 1)

>Vita Malacologica is printed on A4 size and every issue will contain
several colour plates.
>The first issue has 60 pages with 14 coloured plates and contains 5 papers
with the following titles:

>Note on molluscs from NW Borneo. 1. Stromboidea (Gastropoda, Strombidae,
Rostellariidae, Seraphidae).
>A note on the distribution of two species of Tibia in Yemen (Gastropoda,
Rostellariidae).
>On the subdivision of Recent Tibia-like gastropods (Gastropoda,
Stromboidea) with recognition of the family Rostellariidae Gabb, 1868, and
a note on the type species of Tibia Röding, 1798.
>Terestrombus and Tridentarius, new genera of Indo-Pacific Strombidae
(Gastropoda), with comments on included taxa and on shell characters in
Strombidae.
>Revision of Euprotomus Gill, 1870. 3. Description of Euprotomus aurora
spec. nov. from the Indian Ocean (Gastropoda, Strombidae)

>Vita Malacologica is available to members of the NMV, for membership rates
see www.spirula.nl, please note that a subscribtion to Vita Malacologica
alone is not possible. Loose issues of Vita Malacologica can be obtained
through the publisher, ConchBooks in Germany. For information on prices of
loose issues please contact the publisher (e-mail adress: