From:
Richard Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2007 11:54:04 -0500
A host of Annulariids are native to North America (eastern Mexico). The most pervasive sp. on the Yucatan Peninsular are Choanopoma largillierti and gaigei.  Also Choanopoma cozumelensis and a handful of other species are native to the offshore islands of Mexico. I don't believe there are any records of Annulariids found inside the border of Texas, though Polygyrids and Bulimulids commonly range across the border. C. dentata seems to have a closer affinity to the Greater Antillies Annulariids where the family has its greatest radiation.
Rich
www.worldwideconchology.com