Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:22:09 -0600
The Earth's orbit about the Sun is closer to the sun than in many, many
years.   I want to say 22.
There are 11 and 22 year cycles.

When I lived just off the equator in mid pacific (south pacific
officially) the tides total swing
from High High to Low Low was + 6 to -6.   When it was at +6 we had to
watch out for storm
surges - they would stack up on top and overflow the island or cause
real problems.

The -6 was great for shelling - allowed longer time out and in areas not
been in for a while!

Martin