From:
Ed and Susan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2013 17:48:55 -0400
The time I did get over to Lighthouse Beach (it was not low tide) there were
some nice small patches of micros near the fishing pier.

Steve, how did you scoop your material?

I wish Sanibel had public transportation. I will have a bicycle, but we are
staying all the way at the west end of West Gulf Drive and Lighthouse is
about 8 miles away.

On 10/23/13 5:39 PM, "steve rosenthal" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> (it can be quite high up on the beach too)
>
> On 10/23/13, steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> to follow up on harrys comment, not just in front/by the side of the
>> lighthouse, but also around the back of it...sometimes when there is
>> no grit elsewhere there may be deposits of it there....try as far on
>> the back-side as the fishing pier or beyond....
>>
>> On 10/23/13, Marien Faber <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>> Dear Susan,
>>> Go in de early morning before the wind picks up. Take a thin but strong
>>> sheet (paper is good!) and move it horizontally over the tide marks, push
>>> the light top layer of fine material (not the sand) on the paper and
>>> scoop
>>> it into a bag. This works good.
>>> Marien
>>>
>>> Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 16:16:33 -0400