From:
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 22:46:46 -0700
James,

What I do with Cypraea should work with your Cyphoma.  I just lay a strip of
scotch tape across the scanner, so it goes from side to side and across the
top of the shell I want to scan.  I hold the shell in place as I pull the
tape across and it holds the shell for a scan of the rounded dorsal surface.
This does leave the image of the tape in the background but the shell is
perfect.  If you want to remove the tape image you will have to use a
graphics program like Paintshop Pro or Corel Photo House.  The are many out
there and a few are shareware or freeware.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA

Although I have no problem scanning the base, I have so far